JSON schema validation broken after 5.9.0

I did some research, and, as I was afraid the issue is created by the org.json library being added into the Katalon since … I don’t know exactly what version.
E.g, opening a sample project with Katalon 5.9.0 the following is generated into the project .classpath file (stripped content to the lines we are interested):

<classpathentry kind="lib" path="D:/Katalon Studio/Schema Validation/Drivers/json-20180130.jar"/>
	<classpathentry kind="lib" path="D:/Katalon Studio/Schema Validation/Drivers/org.everit.json.schema-1.9.2.jar"/>

We have only json-20180130.jar grabbed by the everit.json as a dep and the test is running just fine.

However, with 6.1.2 we may find as follows:

<classpathentry kind="lib" path="D:/PRGs/Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-6.1.2/plugins/org.json_20140107.0.0.jar"/>
	<classpathentry kind="lib" path="D:/Katalon Studio/Schema Validation/Drivers/json-20180130.jar"/>
	<classpathentry kind="lib" path="D:/Katalon Studio/Schema Validation/Drivers/org.everit.json.schema-1.9.2.jar"/>

Note that, in addition to the org.json lib we import into the project, we have also org.json_20140107.0.0.jar, the one used by katalon himself, which is an older version.
Unfortunately, Katalon is attempting to load that one … and not the one we need, therefore the error above.

So … we may have to summon other jedi master’s to help us in solving it.
@devalex88 @kazurayam any idea how can we convince katalon to compile/import at the TestCase runtime the right library from the project and not the one from Kata … and only for the keyword/testcase? Attemtping to replace the library in Katalon himself lead to crash, looking into logs looks like plenty of katalon libs depend on that one …

4 Likes