Jira Integration

Hi @Jon_West

Thank you for your feedback. You may have also noticed Katalon platform introduction and Store beta launch recently.
This strategic architect enables us to focus our limited resources on enhancing the core functions of Katalon Studio and leverage Katalon platform and Store to build a scalable and extensible ecosystem for the Katalon community by Katalon users.

As a result, we have migrated all non-core capabilities of Katalon Studio into plugins gradually over the last couple releases which include integrations like JIRA, Slack and other functions.

JIRA plugin is a sophisticated integration to develop and maintenance vs Slack. It requires considerable investment from us to support the compatibility with different JIRA versions and deployment models.
You can also find new features developed with the plugin to make it one of the best automated test integration with JIRA available today to justify the price:

• Create test cases with Jira Query Language: Sync test cases and BDD Gherkin content from Jira issues. Automatically create test cases via Jira Query Language (JQL) in Katalon Studio.
  • View results right on Jira: Instantly submit test execution results. View the latest results directly on Jira, without having to access Katalon Studio.
  • Save time with auto-filled Jira form: Submit test run bugs and issues to Jira from Katalon Studio. Jira issue submission forms will be auto-filled with the information from Katalon Studio.

To make the transition easier, we offer a 50% discount on Katalon plugins for early adopters. Please feel free to contact us of any further questions.

Thank you for your continued support!

Regards,

Katalon Store team

Hi @rahul2,

We are in the process of finalizing our plug-in price and will let you know the price of JIRA plugin as soon as we have our final decision. So please stay tuned!

Thank you for your continued support!

Cheers,

Katalon Store team

For those of us using the plugin now, what will happen on the expiry date? Will you keep extending it until the store is ready?

Also, we are just setting up our environment, and not all users on the team have Katalon installed yet. Will the 50% apply to all within the team? or only for current users?

Will multi-user licenses be available?

Thanks

Hi @danpoleary,

Thank you for your interest in Katalon Store. Please find below the information you need.

• Trialing plugins in Beta: For those who are using the trialing plugins during the Beta period, you can freely try the plugins until the official release (the expiry date doesn’t count at this time). After the release, the expiry dates will be reset and the trial period will be validated right after that.

• Promotion: The 50% discount is applied for all users who already installed plugins from Katalon Store, so your team is highly encouraged to set up and install the plugins now to get the promotion! Details of the promotion will be available after the release. So please stay tuned!

• License: For this question, the answer is YES. We offer 2 kinds of license: For individual and for a team. The individual license cannot be transferred to another account. With team license, you can share licenses across team members as well as using with CLI/console mode. Moreover, with this kind of license, you will be offered specific benefits applied only for team licenses.

Thank you and hope this helps.

If you need any further support, please feel free to contact us at store@katalon.com.

Cheers,

Katalon Store team.

Hi,

If I understand, the goal of this payable plugin is to replace a free feature of Katalon Studio.
I chose Katalon Studio because the features I needed were free. If I have to pay for something free, I will find an other solution.
50% discount can’t replace something free.

What will be the next payable plugin ? Object library ? Git integration ? Katalon reports ? Create test case ? Record web ?

I’ll let the business team give a full answer, but it’s necessary to say that plugins on store provides a different set of features. We have no intention to replace built in functions with paid plugins. The platform is open and we frequently published plugins’ implementation as reference materials for all users. This approach actually give users more control - previously if a user needed a Jira integration feature they might have to wait until we have time to implement, now thay can roll his own solution.

Hi @Kevin_FISCHER,

Thank you for your feedback.

Beside Jira integration, there is no plugin in Katalon Store replacing free features of Katalon Studio. In fact, our goal is to extend testing capability in Katalon Studio. In other words, these plugins are built to meet users’ requests looking to improve their projects’ automation efficiency or meet their specific businesses needs. For your concern, Jira integration plugin (paid version) also has specific features which are not included in built-in version. As a result, if we don’t charge this, there will be a lack of resource for us to develop and maintain these features.
Moreover, beside developing more plugins, we still keep developing Katalon Studio to make the tool become more and more efficient for users (e.g: support iOS12 and Appium for the next release, etc.)

Hope you will understand and continue supporting us.

Thank you and regards,

Katalon Store team.

I installed the JIRA plugin from the store. The Plugin Management page confirms this as well. Then clicked “Reload Plugins” in Katalon Studio 6.1.0 64 bit (on Windows 10). For a few seconds something is checked and loaded and then answered:

No plugins found. Please go to Katalon Store to install plugins and then reload.

Consequently, the plugin does not appear in the project settings. Also not after restarting Katalon Studio, rebooting, reinstalling the plugin and repeated plugins reloading.

By the way: Is the 50% discount still granted for current installation attempts? The explanations in the store don’t seem very clear to me (anymore?), since only “beta plugins” are mentioned in general. - Is the JIRA plugin still a “beta plugin”? Because of the problems I still have with it, it seems to me that way. :wink:

Hi @Drunda_Nibel,

Please try again with this beta version (6.1.1) which includes log after fetching plugins. If you still have any issue regarding reloading plugins in Katalon Studio, please send us the log file.

In terms of the 50% discount, this promotion will be applied for ALL users experiencing Katalon Store, which means you definitely can get the promotion as long as you successfully install any kinds of plugins or publish your own plugins in Katalon Store at this time. Details of the promotion will be sent to you as soon as the Beta ends. So please stay tuned!

Thank you and hope you will continue supporting us!

Cheers,

Katalon Store team

Thank you. The problem actually persists. But where can I find the log file now?

HI @Drunda_Nibel,

Please go to Katalon Studio v6.1.1 and click Error log in the Help menu as below:

Then the log file will be displayed. Scroll down and show us whether there is any plugin information shown in the file like this:

Thank you.

Katalon Store team

With regard to the Jira Plugin, similar to many other plugins, there are only these entries in the log:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2019-03-26 13:33:42.853
!MESSAGE Could not install bundle plugins/com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.jira_1.0.0.201903260905.jar   A bundle is already installed with the name "com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.jira" and version "1.0.0.201903260905"

[…]

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2019-03-26 13:33:43.017
!MESSAGE Could not install bundle plugins/com.kms.katalon.integration.jira_1.0.0.201903260905.jar   A bundle is already installed with the name "com.kms.katalon.integration.jira" and version "1.0.0.201903260905"

[…]

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2019-03-27 07:05:45.209
!MESSAGE Could not install bundle plugins/com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.jira_1.0.0.201903260905.jar   A bundle is already installed with the name "com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.jira" and version "1.0.0.201903260905"

[…]

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2019-03-27 07:05:45.305
!MESSAGE Could not install bundle plugins/com.kms.katalon.integration.jira_1.0.0.201903260905.jar   A bundle is already installed with the name "com.kms.katalon.integration.jira" and version "1.0.0.201903260905"

Hi @Drunda_Nibel,

Can you please send us your whole log file? We are trying to find out the issue and help you solve this.

Windows logs folder: <Katalon Studio folder>\config.metadata.log

MacOS logs folder: file:///Applications/Katalon%20Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/config/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.ui.workbench/log

Thank you for your cooperation.

Katalon Store team.

Thank you for your efforts. See the attached log file (I had to rename it before). logfile.log (192.0 KB)

A colleague has now managed to integrate the plugin with his Katalon account in another Katalon Studio installation on a virtual machine running Windows 7. (But the problem with my account on my physical Windows 10 machine is still not fixed!)

However, on the other hand, we have the additional problem that when trying to edit the added Katalon field in a Jira issue, an error message appears saying several times:

Exception: Uncaught Error: Mode gherkin failed to advance stream.

The input cursor in the Katalon field blinks, but this cannot be filled in:

What else can be wrong with it?

1 Like

No one here with similar problems or any idea how to solve them?
We are using Jira 8.0 with German localization.

1 Like

Hey team.
Is there any possibility to use Jira Integration plugin if project uses the Two-Factor Authentication with Duo Push?

@Katalon_Store
Did you look at the log file and find any solution for me?

Hi,

wanted to confirm, can we run the tests in Katalon tagged with JIRA issue key and update the results in JIRA? mainly for regression test purposes. Thanks!

@Drunda_Nibel We are working on this and will release a fix soon.

1 Like