Issue with using Excel Files as Test Data

Hi,

I have created Test Data with Data Type ‘Excel File’ and used Excel file in it. Now in my test case Im taking a variable and accessing this data by using ‘findTestData’ method. Locally it is working fine but with Katalon docker Im getting the following error:

I also tried using ‘Show Data Bindings’ option in test suite. That way it is working fine but I can not using different profiles with this. Like I want to have separate data files for different profiles so that I can not do with data binding.

Is there any option/ solution for this? I want to use Excel Files as Test Data and with different profiles.

hello,

check this chain

Hi @Timo_Kuisma,

Im still getting this error after changing the file format:

hi,

some one else faced this issue too, maybe this is a bug

my suggest is implement own excel util as new keyword class where all needed functions are utilized

Are you using the same KS version for local and Docker execution?

Not sure if you have already found the solution. If not, please see my observation below.
Recently I also came across the similar issue. and found out the root cause of it. By any chance if you are using external dependency of Apache poi ? If yes, please remove that. And try once again.
This different version of Apache poi is clashing against the “legacy” jars of katalon’s runtime engine which is causing all the issue. Hope katalon brings the latest jars soon or bring an option to update internal jars in periodically.