Is it a best practice to disable the automated software info bar?

Hi Team,

I have observed as part of UI test automation, few elements are not clickable or there are issues in identifying elements like buttons, text boxes, radio-buttons etc. during CICD Test automation executions. Post disabling of the automation info bar there are no issues in identifying elements. I would like to have an expert opinion here is this is a best practice as part of UI Automation. Kindly clarify. Please refer below the code used to disable and the snapshot of test automation info bar:

System.setProperty(“webdriver.chrome.driver”, DriverFactory.getChromeDriverPath())
ChromeOptions opt = new ChromeOptions()
opt.setExperimentalOption(“excludeSwitches”, Collections.singletonList(“enable-automation”))
ChromeDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(opt)
DriverFactory.changeWebDriver(driver)

There are more expert opinions than there are experts :confused:

It’s your test environment, you decide.

It’s how Chrome “works”. Firefox, for example, does something very different.

I am not an expert on UI testing… But
As far as i remember that message it s shown in a certain browser (chrome in this case) when the spy tool is used.
It is a fair warning, it will show you that the tool you use for testing it may interfere with the AUT.
To ignore it or not it is at the latitude of the tester.
Speaking for my self i will use such quick toys only for a preliminary approach but for the final code i will use only custom code safe locators

I personally have never been serious about the info bar.

I can remember only 1 issue which concerned about it. Just for your information, have a look at the following topic:

Thanks, due to issues found in our application due to automation info bar, we have considered disabling automation info bar as a best practice.