[iOS][Spy] Mobile displayed with incorrect resolution/Objects are at the wrong position

I have been using Katalon & Appium to create automated tests for Web and Android, but I have a problem when using iOS devices.
I’ve tried with several real devices (Iphone 6s & Iphone X), but I always get the same result: the objects captured by the Spy are at a totally different position from what I expected. It’s like the phone is displayed at only 75% of its resolution.
I’ve been browsing a while looking for a solution, but I didn’t find anything even roughly similar anywhere.

Does it speak to anyone here?

1 Like

Hi,
Could you provide more info on following question?

• When spying the element, does the screen display correctly in the App Preview panel? Did you notice if the app was display with 100% or 70%?
  • After spy the elements, did you test script work correctly?

Kind regards,

Hi,

First and foremost, thanks!
To answer your questions:

When spying the element, does the screen display correctly in the App Preview panel? Did you notice if the app was display with 100% or 70%?
  • It seems like it’s displayed correctly, yes. The objects themselves are displayed like the screen was at 70% though

After spy the elements, did you test script work correctly?

• It works if I detect the objects using their xpath, but, if I try with the absolute position detected by the spy it doesn’t ; I have to manually modify the position to fit the real screen size.

Has anyone resolved this? I am also facing the same issue.

@Clement1

Can you please guide me how can I spy elements on real iOS device.When I try to record or spy mobile after launching the application it just highlight main screen.I am not able to locate any element on the screen.

What can be the root cause here?
Appium version : 1.17.1
xcode version : 11.5

Hi, has someone already fixed this? I am also having the same issue. Please see screenshot. It does not highlight the element on the proper position. Looks like it’s in portrait. Thank you.

A teammate of mine is running into this issue too but I haven’t found a solution for them yet. Has anyone found a solution for this?

I saw one other forum post about this but the thread also doesn’t have a solution.
http://forum.katalon.com/t/spy-mobile-is-not-viewing-objects-correctly-in-device-view-for-iphone-x/10023/4

This issue still persists . Seems like there’s no solution for this?

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing this with us. This is a known issue that our team is working on. We will have more updates when the issue is being processed. Thank you.

Best,
Vu Tran