If Verify Option Not Present By Label fails the test cases passes

I have a test case where Verify Option Not Present By Label fails because the drop down option is present. I see a red x over the test step as expected and when I click on the test step I see the message:

(Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: 1 option(s) with label ‘Division 1’ is/are present in object ‘Object Repository/Login Page/select_Division Dropdown’

The problem is my test case passes even though the step failed. This is misleading because when I see a test case passing I assumed all of the steps have passed.

You can stop your TC immediately when a step fails by adding the FailureHandling component/parameter to your statement:

WebUI.verifyOptionNotPresentByLabel(findTestObject('Login Page/select_Division Dropdown’), ‘Doors’, false, 10, FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

I personally don’t like my TCs to stop so that I get to see all the anomalies. I also review the reports on each run looking for any GROOVY or WARNING messages.

1 Like

Or you can change the default FailureHandling of all Test Cases.

1 Like

Hello thank you for the assistance but WebUI.verifyOptionNotPresentByLabel(findTestObject('Login Page/select_Division Dropdown’), ‘Doors’, false, 10, FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE ) does not stop the test case when the step fails. The step receives a red x but the test case continues and the test cases passes. I agree with your work around of reviewing each step in the report searching for failed steps. I hope Katalon can improve verifyOptionNotPresentByLabel by making the test case fail when the keyword fails so that I do not need to review the status of each step in test cases that have passed.