How to use Katalon plugin for Jenkins on Windows

This tutorial shows you the step by step guide on how to install and run Katalon – Jenkins plugin for Web UI testing on Windows platform.

Prerequisite
You must have already installed Jenkins for Windows (click here for a guide) and the browser you’d like to use for the test.

Install Katalon Studio plugin
Go to Manage Jenkins > Manage Plugins > Available tab and find Katalon plugin on the list. Select and click Install.

Create and configure a new Jenkins project
Now, go back to the top page, you can start using the plugin right away. Click on “New Item”
54%20PM

To keep it simple let make it a freestyle project .

Next step, tell Jenkins your workspace or simply use git. There is a sample Katalon Studio a project on Github for a quick test.

Next, add and configure the build step Execute Katalon Studio tests.
35%20PM

Katalon Studio will be downloaded and installed automatically based on the version you specify. And later, your tests will be executed automatically too.

Now, everything is setup, we can just press build now. Hope it helps!

2 Likes

Hello, is it possible to pass the Katalon global variable from this Jenkins plugin?

Hi @mia.ferguson I am getting the following when I try to use this feature, can you help?

katalon.versionNumber=5.10.1
katalon.buildNumber=1
!SESSION 2019-05-22 12:32:23.912 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_181
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -runMode=console katalon -runMode=console -projectPath=C:\Users\qualitysupport\git\epicassure-automation\EpicAssure Automation.prj -statusDelay=5 -retry=0 -testSuitePath=Test Suites/Create Policy -executionProfile=default -browserType=Chrome (headless)
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -data config -runMode=console katalon -runMode=console -projectPath=C:\Users\qualitysupport\git\epicassure-automation\EpicAssure Automation.prj -statusDelay=5 -retry=0 -testSuitePath=Test Suites/Create Policy -executionProfile=default -browserType=Chrome (headless)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2019-05-22 12:32:26.107
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
joptsimple.MultipleArgumentsForOptionException: Found multiple arguments for option runMode, but you asked for only one
at joptsimple.OptionSet.valueOf(OptionSet.java:179)
at joptsimple.OptionSet.valueOf(OptionSet.java:153)
at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.getRunningModeParamFromParam(Application.java:149)
at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.start(Application.java:55)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)

hi,

remove katalon.exe -noSplash -runMode from the command arguments
as
-projectPath="C:\Users\xxxx\KatalonStudio\KatalonProject\KatalonProject.prj" -retry=0 -testSuiteCollectionPath="Test Suites/RegressionTestSuiteCollection" -browserType="Chrome (headless)" -apiKey=27f70c12-7093-4ea7-83d6-ed64ce7c257b -apikey=0145e236-3ede-43a2-a1bf-4c5c9e27fd23

Thanks, I had something similar to this but, I’ll retry with something closer to your example, one question though, what is the purpose of the apiKey arguments?

hello,

apikeys are for Plugins (Katalon store)

Any chance that there will be Pipeline support for this plugin at some point? We want to start using it, but our best practices dictate use of Pipeline over Freestyle jobs.

Thanks for any information!!

How do you setup Katalon Analytics with Jenkins? I cant find information about it anywhere.

Thanks

Without pipeline support, there is no way we are using this plugin.

Hi , is it available only for windows? I use Mac and need help configuring and setting up Jenkins for CI.

I am getting error running a job in Jenkins. Can someone please help? I have runtime engine license installed.

I am NOT using git - want to run it directly from my Laptop IDE.

I’ve only used Jenkins pipeline for a couple of months so maybe I’m looking at this the wrong way. Is it possible to use a batch or shell to execute Katalon from the command line and then execute the batch from the pipeline? We have a batch and shell that we store in SVN and download to execute in a pipeline.

My thoughts would be to parameterize the batch/shell script and in the pipeline job, pass the tests or test suite that needs execution. The batch never has to change, just the parms.

Hi All,

I have tryin all ways, but I have got some issue.

mi sto perdendo qualcosa?

Best Regards.
AndyCapp