How to select based on partial text from options available in the dropdown list when the string is a variable

I have a dropdown list in which the option i wanted to select keeps changing its position, so i cannot go by ‘selectOptionByIndex’. Moreover, on the right side of the names, there’s always the status of the party (Validated / Not Validated) that keeps changing because of our tests.

So party names would be seen in the drop down as: “Heroes in Town (Validated)” or “Heroes in Town (Not Valdiated)”.

So I used the code below:

WebUI.selectOptionByLabel(findTestObject('OR_SFC Auto-Approval/Page_Dashboard Viewing Vyon Burstin/select_Heroes In the USA (Vali'),
	'.*Heroes in Town.*' , true)

Now I want to do the same thing but “Heroes in Town” is a global variable from my Profile.

It would be something along the line:

global String partyName = "Heroes in Town"

WebUI.selectOptionByLabel(findTestObject('OR_SFC Auto-Approval/Page_Dashboard Viewing Vyon Burstin/select_Heroes In the USA (Vali'),
	.*GLOBAL.partyName.* , true)

But it gives me syntax error. I don’t know how to proceed further. Any help would be appreciated.

String partyName = "Heroes in Town"
WebUI.selectOptionByLabel(findTestObject(
  'OR_SFC Auto-Approval/Page_Dashboard Viewing Vyon Burstin/select_Heroes In the USA (Vali'), 
  ".*" + partyName + ".*" ,
  true)