Using Basic Report Plugin as of Katalon 6.1.5

So, it looks like in the newest version of Katalon, the reports are now in a plug-in. After some hair pulling and working for a few hours this morning, I’ve figured it out. NOTE: we run our katalon suite out of Azure DevOps in a Docker image with a CLI

First things first, in the Katalon store get the plug-in called Basic Report (at the time of this writing, it is free).

Then, in your local version of Katalon, click the Katalon Store icon and click Reload Plugins

This will add the plugin to your katalon. You can select the report you want from the Project Settings>Report. Save your work and commit your code to your repo

In our version, we have everything set up in Azure DevOps using a CLI (example below):
`project_dir=$(pwd)

docker run --rm -v "$project_dir":/katalon/katalon/source:rw  katalonstudio/katalon katalon-execute.sh -testSuiteCollectionPath="Test Suites/Example"  -testSuitePath="Test Suites/Example" -browserType="Chrome"  -retry=0 -statusDelay=15`

Now, to get the new version with the plugins to work, you need to go create and use an API key from the Katalon store. Generate a new API key by going to Security tab in My Account menu in Katalon Store. You can use the existing key if you already had one. (https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-store/docs/user/plugin-console-installation.html) you will add that into your CLI (above) as -apiKey=[apiKey here]

`project_dir=$(pwd)

docker run --rm -v "$project_dir":/katalon/katalon/source:rw  katalonstudio/katalon katalon-execute.sh -testSuiteCollectionPath="Test Suites/Example"  -testSuitePath="Test Suites/Example" -browserType="Chrome"  -retry=0 -statusDelay=15 -apiKey=[apiKey here]`

When you run your tests out of Azure DevOps, this will pull the latest version of Katalon, the plugins and your settings. So, when the tests complete, you’ll continue to get your report as you were doing before the change to 6.1.5.

12 Likes

Thank you! I was not aware about the necessary API key. Over night all my Jenkins builds had failed. I added the API key and it seems to work same as before now.