1-I am getting every time I run my recorded test case, an error “Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘Object Repository/Page” 2-I followed the fix suggested for log out and used the wait for element clickable and wait for element present but still with no success.

• I am getting every time I run my recorded test case, an error “Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: \'Object Repository/Page”
  • I followed the fix suggested for log out and used the wait for element clickable and wait for element present but with no success.
  • Please note that,on the Obj. repository, the xpath= id(\"page-wrapper\")/header[1]/section[@class=\"logo-menu\"]/div[@class=\"wrapper\"]/nav[@class=\"main-menu\"]/ul[1]/li[@class=\"has-submenu\"]/ul[@class=\"submenu\"]/li[1]/a[1]
  • How can I get the Combo Box Items, and select an option each time i want to test. Example: I have the gender drop down list contains (Male/Female) how can on the first test to use option one, and on the second run choose another option? how can I save the items of the combo?

I am getting this same error - Any advice to fix?

Hi, I am curious on the issue. Could you please take the screenshot of the Object Repository for the element?. May be the Id properties is not set correctly.

I am also getting this error, was there any resolution?
Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/connect to Twitter2/Page_PointBurst (2)/span_Connect with’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘Object Repository/connect to Twitter2/Page_PointBurst (2)/span_Connect with’ located by ‘By.xpath: //span[count(. | //[@id = ‘dijit_form_Button_1_label’]) = count(//[@id = ‘dijit_form_Button_1_label’])][count(. | //[contains(.,‘Connect with’)]) = count(//[contains(.,‘Connect with’)])]’ not found)
11-02-2017 10:51:22 AM - [FAILED] - Test Cases/connect with Twitter2 FAILED because (of) Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/connect to Twitter2/Page_PointBurst (2)/span_Connect with’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘Object Repository/connect to Twitter2/Page_PointBurst (2)/span_Connect with’ located by ‘By.xpath: //span[count(. | //[@id = ‘dijit_form_Button_1_label’]) = count(//[@id = ‘dijit_form_Button_1_label’])][count(. | //[contains(.,‘Connect with’)]) = count(//[contains(.,‘Connect with’)])]’ not found)

Sheri,
Could you take a screenshot of the Element property at Object Repository? (Object Repository/connect to Twitter2/Page_PointBurst (2)/span_Connect with)

I’m also getting a similar error… did anyone get a resolution??
Fail:
Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/ICS1/Page_NICEIC Online Certification Se/a_Electrical Installation Cert’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘Object Repository/ICS1/Page_NICEIC Online Certification Se/a_Electrical Installation Cert’ located by 'By.xpath: //a[count(. | //[@href = ‘/Certificate/Edit?cdlName=ics1&part=part1’]) = count(//[@href = ‘/Certificate/Edit?cdlName=ics1&part=part1’])][count(. | //*[text() = ’

Electrical Installation Certificate (Scotland)

']) = count(//*[text() = '

Electrical Installation Certificate (Scotland)

'])][count(. | id("certificate_124")/td[@class="certificate_name"]/a[1]) = count(id("certificate_124")/td[@class="certificate_name"]/a[1])]' not found)

Are there any solutions to this??

This thread’s issue circle around ‘WebElementNotFound’ exception, in this case it’s suggested that you adjust your Xpath or CSS based on this:
https://docs.katalon.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=5117668#SpyWebUtility(sinceversion5.0.0)-HowtogetwebobjectsXPathorCSSLocator

I’m getting this same error when trying to use the verifyElementPresent with an object from the repository. I had this same test in Selenium IDE and over there I’m referencing the object with it’s id, but this doesn’t seem to work with Katalon Studio. So far I’ve tried every solution proposed in all the related posts I’ve found, including the January 24th post by Vinh Nguyen found in https://docs.katalon.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=5117668#SpyWebUtility(sinceversion5.0.0)-HowtogetwebobjectsXPathorCSSLocator

Using the Spy Web tool I get the same locators that I’ve manually tried to introduce, and when using the ‘Verify and Highlight’ button all of them seem to work as expected, but when I save the object and then introduce the object in my test, again it can’t be found.

I’ve tried Basic selection using id, css and xpath. I’ve also tried selection using CSS and XPATH exclusively. Nothing seems to work and I always end up with the error:
com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘’ located by ‘’ not found

Any idea as to what can be happening or how can I fix this?

So, after looking everywhere for a possible explanation, I found out about the problem of finding the objects inside an iFrame that seems to affect every automation tool aside from Selenium IDE.

In case anyone else has the same problem I was having, here are a few possible solutions (#3 did it for me): https://www.katalon.com/resources-center/tutorials/handling-iframe-issue/

2 Likes

thanks @Lina Kuratomi this solution solved my issue also since we need to switch to the active iframe the we can click on the elements under that iframe