How to automate tests for web forms with recaptcha

How can I test web forms that have recaptcha verifications before they can be submitted?

You can’t automate recaptcha verifications because that is a way to prevent automation.

1 Like

This is not true. Google allows to have a recaptcha mode for testing… This also worked with Selenium IDE… Why does it not find the google recaptcha using Target = css=div.recaptcha-checkbox-checkmark ? This worked in Selenium. PS: I am evaluting Katalon for a migration from Selenium.

Markus Montilla said:

This is not true. Google allows to have a recaptcha mode for testing… This also worked with Selenium IDE… Why does it not find the google recaptcha using Target = css=div.recaptcha-checkbox-checkmark ? This worked in Selenium. PS: I am evaluting Katalon for a migration from Selenium.

See this as well (Frequently Asked Questions  |  reCAPTCHA  |  Google for Developers). Can Katalon support this please?

The reCAPTCHA widget will show a warning message to claim that it’s only for testing purpose. Please do not use these keys for your production traffic.

Can I ask how does it work in Selenium IDE? Looks like you still have to adjust reCaptcha for testing purpose, right?