Object with French Accent will not Verfiy Element Present, or Verify Text Present

I have a number of objects where the Text is in French (testing the french version of a web page)
Here is the text in the fields
À l’écoute mais pas en recherche
Créer ma carte d’affaires

The object will not verfiy with the TEXT field checked but works if I remove this check.
I try adding verify text present “À l’écoute mais pas en recherche” but this doesn’t work also.
Also tried Verify Element Text this didn’t work

Presently using record web to get the details
Should I be adding something to the text field for the accents to work
or change some setting to allow for french accents on texts

Hi dan,
Katalon will support utf-8 encoding (french, german, chinese,…) in next release. Please wait.
Thanks.

Hi
I would like to know if v5.1.0.2 is the one support utf-8?
Thank you :slight_smile:

Is it going to support Cyrillic?

I have a similar problem !

I have an object, wich is to be tested, named ‘Teste - Grupo - João’.

Katalon does not accept this name ! (because of the ‘ão’)

@dan robitialle : I realize this is not because of the UTF-8 problem, it might regard to quotation mark in your text.
For example if you try to inspect the object by xpath with value
//div[@class=‘Message’]//p[contains(normalize-space(),“Créer ma carte d’affaires”)]
It would work fine.

I use version 5.3.1. When I load data with String texttomanipulate = data.internallyGetValue where TestData data = findTestData(“xxx”). texttomanipulate doesn’t show char with accents corectly!
Is the 5.3.1 version should be UTF8 ?

dan robitialle said:

I have a number of objects where the Text is in French (testing the french version of a web page)

Here is the text in the fields

À l’écoute mais pas en recherche

Créer ma carte d’affaires

The object will not verfiy with the TEXT field checked but works if I remove this check.

I try adding verify text present “À l’écoute mais pas en recherche” but this doesn’t work also.

Also tried Verify Element Text this didn’t work

Presently using record web to get the details

Should I be adding something to the text field for the accents to work

or change some setting to allow for french accents on texts

It look like data for csv are NOK rather than data from xls is ok!!

I have the same issue with objects including accent letters in spanish.
Have you guys solved this issue?

Is this issue resolved?

Have a look at the following discussion just for your interest.

Katalon Studio Version 6.3.3 implemented my proposal.

Since ver 6.3.3 we have -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 in the katalon.ini — does it solve this topic Object with French Accent will not verify element present?

I am not sure. This topic did not tell which URL to check against. So I can not reproduce their problem.

1 Like

I am facing a similar issue while validating a Web Service Request, that returns French characters (é, à, è) in the response. I am using Katalon studio in Mac OS.

French characters are replaced with unicode characters in the response.

Société par actions simplifiée is returned as Soci\u00e9t\u00e9 par actions simplifi\u00e9e and the API is getting failed with below error.

The same API is working fine in Postman.
Anyone please suggest a way to solve this. Thank you !