record mobile

When i am trying to record an app, its throwing the error that the app activity can not be started. There is no option in record mobile screen to provide the app’s launcher activity.

Hi Vinh Nguyen, Thanks for such a fast response. I am now able to start the app using record mobile feature. In appium 1.6.5, it seems like we need to provide the appActivity along with appWaitActivity. I have provided these capabilities in Project > Settings > Execution > Default > Mobile > Android and it did work. Here are them:
06-27-2017 02:28:33 PM - [INFO] - User set preference: [‘automationName’, ‘Appium’]
06-27-2017 02:28:33 PM - [INFO] - User set preference: [‘platformName’, ‘Android’]
06-27-2017 02:28:33 PM - [INFO] - User set preference: [‘platformVersion’, ‘7.1.1’]
06-27-2017 02:28:33 PM - [INFO] - User set preference: [‘deviceName’, ‘emulator-5554’]
06-27-2017 02:28:33 PM - [INFO] - User set preference: [‘appActivity’, ‘com.thinkrite.assistant.LaunchActivity’]
06-27-2017 02:28:33 PM - [INFO] - User set preference: [‘appWaitActivity’, ‘com.thinkrite.assistant.wizard.WizardFirstPageActivity’]
But overall response time is really very slow. Many a time Katalon is not able to start appium server. Anyways thanks for such an amazing way of integrating appium within Katalon Studio.

Unable to start app at: ‘/Users/sampadrout/Downloads/AMA.apk’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Error occured while starting App. Original error: Activity used to start app doesn’t exist or cannot be launched! Make sure it exists and is a launchable activity (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
Command duration or timeout: 19.73 seconds
Build info: version: ‘2.53.0’, revision: ‘35ae25b’, time: ‘2016-03-15 17:00:58’
System info: host: ‘Sampads-MacBook-Pro.local’, ip: ‘192.168.59.1’, os.name: ‘Mac OS X’, os.arch: ‘x86_64’, os.version: ‘10.12.4’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_102’
Driver info: com.kms.katalon.core.appium.driver.SwipeableAndroidDriver)

Hm that information doesn’t provide much information. Can you please set your Appium Log Level to “Debug” (You can find this option in Windows > Katalon Studio Preferences > Katalon > Mobile) , retry your execution and then send me .appium file which is available in your project folder?

What is the error message from your side? Can you post it for me?

Hi @“Vinh Nguyen”
I am also encountering same issue. Would you be able to provide any insight.
Do not see any option to attach log though

Go to
Project > Settings > Execution > Default > Mobile > Android

Add ‘appWaitActivity’
value com.*

Hey Folks,

IF you face any issue of unknown issue to start the application.

You need to do the same. Go and make those settings in same path
Project > Settings > Execution > Default > Mobile > Android
And give these settings:
In my case these were :
deviceName || String || 0244fe79504ed806( This comes from command adb devices)
appActivity || String || com.something.something.ui.activity.LoginActivity
appPackage || String || com.something.app_name

This worked for me.