Keyword 'executeJavascript' does not exist on platform 'web'

08-02-2018 03:56:57 PM - [ERROR] - Keyword ‘executeJavascript’ does not exist on platform ‘web’

com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Keyword ‘executeJavascript’ does not exist on platform ‘web’

at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:51)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.executeJavaScript(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:3771)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$executeJavaScript$0.call(Unknown Source)

FAILING CODE:
WebUI.executeJavaScript(“window.open(arguments[0]);”, Arrays.asList(fullyQualifiedURL),FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE);

WORKING CODE:
WebUI.executeJavaScript(“window.open(arguments[0]);”, Arrays.asList(fullyQualifiedURL));

08-02-2018 03:56:57 PM - [ERROR] - Keyword ‘executeJavascript’ does not exist on platform ‘web’

Is that a copy/paste? I ask because executeJava**S**cript is spelt wrong.

1 Like

Hi,

I rechecked - it is not copy paste - the issue is in Katalon. Version: 5.5.0

Hi,

I rechecked - it is not copy paste - the issue is in Katalon. Version: 5.5.0

So this exact line:
WebUI.executeJavaScript(“window.open(arguments[0]);”, Arrays.asList(‘https://www.google.com/’),FailureHandling.CONTINUE_ON_FAILURE);

Will produce:

08-06-2018 01:01:50 PM - [ERROR] - Keyword ‘executeJavascript’ does not exist on platform ‘web’

com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Keyword ‘executeJavascript’ does not exist on platform ‘web’

To claim a Katalon bug, you should now provide all the details of the platform you are using. At the very least, the error report is spelling the name of the method incorrectly.

Platform:
Katalon Version: 5.5.0
Windows 10

Nothing else is needed.

A summary since it is not possible to edit first post:

Keyword ‘executeJavascript’ does not exist on platform ‘web’

at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:51)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.executeJavaScript(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:3771)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$executeJavaScript$0.call(Unknown Source)

FAILING CODE:
WebUI.executeJavaScript(“window.open(arguments[0]);”, Arrays.asList(fullyQualifiedURL),FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE);

WORKING CODE:
WebUI.executeJavaScript(“window.open(arguments[0]);”, Arrays.asList(fullyQualifiedURL));

Note this is not a user typo: Keyword ‘executeJavascript’ does not exist on platform ‘web’

So this exact line:
WebUI.executeJavaScript(“window.open(arguments[0]);”, Arrays.asList('https://www.google.com/’),FailureHandling.CONTINUE_ON_FAILURE);

Will produce:

08-06-2018 01:01:50 PM - [ERROR] - Keyword ‘executeJavascript’ does not exist on platform ‘web’

Katalon Version: 5.5.0
Windows 10

hi katalon team, any update here?

Does it happen for other keywords? Or is it just only this keyword?

It happens also for **‘openBrowser’ **
Please see this: http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/6307/cannot-run-test-keyword-does-not-exist-on-platform

Any solution? It was working fine for me but then now its not

I found the same problem, I tried to move the Katalon to a different repository, for example from D to C, then I run Katalon and it’s working

I just got this. Not 5 minutes before, it was running fine. Now it’s throwing that error

FOUND IT!! take out the FailureHandling.CONTINUE_ON_FAILURE and FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE and it’ll run just fine

I just removed it on my tests and they went back to running as normal.

1 Like