Katalon Studio (Beta) Linux-GUI package

You asked. We listened!

Katalon team is excited to release Katalon Studio for Linux (Beta) version with fully supported UI. The team has been working hard over the last couple of months to build the GUI and at the same time keep all the awesome features. Now you can test more with Katalon Studio!

Try it out

Not too fast! Something you should keep in mind while trying this Beta version out.

• The version was tested on Ubuntu v16.04.

• Katalon team will only support issues with Ubuntu OS.

• Check out this documentation for more details.

We encourage you to give it a go and post any of your issues, suggestions, or questions on Beta Release Feedback forum. As always, we are happy to receive your feedback to improve the official version in the future!

Happy Testing!

Katalon Team

11 Likes

Katalon Studio said:

You asked. We listened!

Katalon team is excited to release Katalon Studio for Linux (Beta) version with fully supported UI. The team has been working hard over the last couple of months to build the GUI and at the same time keep all the awesome features. Now you can test more with Katalon Studio!

Try it out

Not too fast! Something you should keep in mind while trying this Beta version out.

• The version was tested on Ubuntu v16.04.

• Katalon team will only support issues with Ubuntu OS.

• Check out this documentation for more details.

We encourage you to give it a go and post any of your issues, suggestions, or questions on Beta Release Feedback forum. As always, we are happy to receive your feedback to improve the official version in the future!

Happy Testing!

Katalon Team

Hello is a great notice but i have some question is that installer a .deb file? for example Debian have the same of ubuntu them can we install in debian too?

Hello,I tested the Katalon Studio beta version for Linux, and I have some problems.1- When I create a Test Case, I try to click add + Web UI Keyword in the Manual tab and the tool always stops working.2 - When I try to import .xls or .xlsx spreadsheets into Data Files created in Windows, they are not recognized. So I have to create new spreadsheets.I use Ubuntu 16.04I reserved memory for the Katalon (min 2GB, max 4GB)

Hello,
Objects are not alphabetical order in Tests Explorer.

I use Ubuntu 18.04, openjdk 1.8.0_171

testsexplorer.png

Please help to post your issues in the category (http://forum.katalon.com/categories/beta-release-feedback), not within this topic.

WOOT !
You did a great job guy’s.

Thank you.

I am using ubuntu version 18, katalon is not even getting loaded for me.

Hi
Check your version of java running :
java -version
openjdk version “1.8.0_222”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_222-8u222-b10-1ubuntu1~18.04.1-b10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.222-b10, mixed mode)

default version with Ubuntu 18.04 is not working with Katalon

java -version
openjdk version “11.0.4” 2019-07-16
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.4+11-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu218.04.3)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.4+11-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu218.04.3, mixed mode, sharing)

with this, katalon is not working.

downgrading the openJDK version to 1.8 , works. java -version
openjdk version “1.8.0_222”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_222-8u222-b10-1ubuntu1~18.04.1-b10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.222-b10, mixed mode)

Hello everyone. i’m facing the same problem.

java -version
openjdk version “11.0.4” 2019-07-16
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.4+11-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu218.04.3)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.4+11-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu218.04.3, mixed mode)

When I try to execute Katalon, by GUI or terminal (sudo ./katalon), it shows launch logo screen but then it closes with no error.

@luis.serra use java 8 aka openjdk-8 aka openjdk-1.8.0. it is mentioned in the docs that java > 8 is not suported
it is also mentioned in the previous post, the solution was a ‘downgrade’. hint: never trust the default OS package, first kindly read the aplication needs

Hi is there any update when GUI stable release will come ?