Cannot run test - Keyword does not exist on platform

Hi,

every time I try to run a simplest test case (like open browser or click on element), I’m getting following message (regardless of browser):

Test Cases/New Test Case FAILED because (of) Keyword ‘openBrowser’ does not exist on platform 'web’

Test Cases/New Test Case.run:23

I’m using Katalon Studio 5.4.0 and I’m totally blocked.
Can anyone help me with that?

Hi, I’m having the same issue.
I’ve just freshly downloaded latest 5.4.1 Win64 package, opened it, and even the sample web project fails with “Test Cases/Main Test Cases/TC1_Verify Successful Login FAILED because (of) Keyword ‘openBrowser’ does not exist on platform ‘web’

Please anyone guide us to solve this issue.
Thanks!

How do you execute it, can you provide a screenshot showing your issue in this case?

Vinh Nguyen said:

How do you execute it, can you provide a screenshot showing your issue in this case?

Sure, here is the screenshot:

I’m new to this, I don’t know where to check what is the “platform” used - in this case it is stated ‘builtin’.
Please guide me what to configure, or to install in order to succeed using default keywords without errors like this.

Thanks very much!

Katalon sample - failed execution.png

Can you also post for me a screenshot showing that test case in Scripting mode?

Vinh Nguyen said:

Can you also post for me a screenshot showing that test case in Scripting mode?

I’ve only used the Sample Web Testing Project generator from Sample Projects (right next to Getting Started tab)

Katalon test case - script mode.png

I can’t reproduce it and this is also a rare error. So my suggested workaround solution is to delete this Katalon Studio then re-install a fresh one, otherwise please post Katalon Studio logs which can be grabbed from here: \config\.metadata\.log

Vinh Nguyen said:

I can’t reproduce it and this is also a rare error. So my suggested workaround solution is to delete this Katalon Studio then re-install a fresh one, otherwise please post Katalon Studio logs which can be grabbed from here: \config\.metadata\.log

I’ve attached the logs, will try to delete and re-install the latest version. Thanks for taking the time to support!

Like Jacek posted first, it’s the same behavior… any keyword used in a test case will not be recognized by the ‘platform’ - called either ‘web’ or ‘builtin’…

.log

Hi there, my college has a same issue on her computer. But if I try to run her project on my computer everything is working fine. Browser is opened and test runs. So it is no that rare error. She done fresh install and this “Keyword ‘openBrowser’ does not exist on platform ‘web’” issue is still there. Thanks

1 Like

Any update here? Thanks

1 Like

Same issue here, Katlon 5.4.1 64 bit on Windows 10 x64

Any Update ?

1 Like

Hi Katalon team, any update is coming? this issue is really critical for us. Thank you

1 Like

Róbert Morovský said:

Hi Katalon team, any update is coming? this issue is really critical for us. Thank you

Well maybe an idea … i re installed catalon and did not change the path where the tests shall resist. in my first installation i changed the given path from USERDIR to the katalon folder itself. im my second installation i did not changed and then it worked fine !

we tried to reinstall to katalon 5.4.2 and moved a tests and didnt work out. Any update about fix for this issue? Or does anybody know what is the root cause of it? Many thanks

Hi Katalon,
please help us here, one of my team member stil have this issue. And we dont know how to fix it.

What this error means?
**Keyword “openBrowser” does not exist on platform ‘web’

**Thank you.
R.

1 Like

Hi,
I had a similar problem:
WebUI.executeJavaScript(“window.open(arguments[0]);”, Arrays.asList(fullyQualifiedURL),FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE);
Keyword ‘executeJavascript’ does not exist on platform ‘web’

The solution was to remove the failure handling argument:
WebUI.executeJavaScript(“window.open(arguments[0]);”, Arrays.asList(fullyQualifiedURL));

So this seems a bug.

Aleksander,

See the Russ’ comment to http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/8668/keyword-executejavascript-does-not-exist-on-platform-web#latest.

Hi,

I rechecked - it is not copy paste - the issue is in Katalon. Version: 5.5.0

‘executeJavascript’ and ‘executeJavaScript’ — why you have this inconsistency? Possibly your latest source code is not yet compiled by Groovy compiler in Katalon Studio.

I would suggest to you to

(1) stop Katalon Studio
(2) delete the /bin directory and files underneath
(3) restart Katalon Studio; open your project
(4) try running you test case

I mean, you should ensure your source codes are compiled from scratch.

1 Like

The issue is in Katalon code…