Web Recorder for IE11 minimises and cannot be retrieved/used - must be stopped in Task Manager

When I try to use Web Recorder with IE11, the recorder window minimises and cannot be interacted with. The main Katalon screen remains open but nothing can be clicked due to the active Recorder window remaining open (albeit hidden). App needs to be shut in Task Manager.

## OS Windows 10

## Katalon Studio Version 5.2.0

## Katalon Studio logs: attached

## Browser = Internet Explorer 11

## Hardware = I5 laptop running dual monitor setup

## Steps to reproduce -

1. Open Katalon Studio

2. navigate to project

3. Click ‘record Web’ (recorder window opens)

4. Change starting url to required (internal website in this case)

5. Click ‘Record’ dropdown and click ‘new Browsers’ → IE11

6. At this point, a small array of icons is at at bottom left of one monitor but cannot be clicked. No other buttons/commands respond. App needs to be killed in Task Manager

## Expected Behavior -

Recording can be completed with Firefox and ‘record Web’ window stays open as expected.

## Actual Behavior -

With IE11, the window minimises and cannot be used. No buttons are reponsive. The application needs to be stopped ni Task Manager.

## Screenshots / Videos

Screenshot of minimised display attached (buttons.jpg). Note that I have tried to use alt-tab to check that the window is not visible elsewhere - it isn’t.

metadata text file.txt

buttons.JPG

Hi there,

This issue will be fixed in the next release. In the meanwhile, you can manually install IE extensions from Katalon Studio folder, e.g: C:\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.2.0.1\configuration\resources\extensions\IE to let Web Recorder not showing this popup anymore.

Thank you for the assistance - that has got me over the first blocker :slight_smile:

Can you help with a second problem though or shall i start a new thread?

I manually installed the browser (as admin) and am able to start recording but now unable to see the required information in the web app… the Side bar and Title bar are present, allowing me to see navigation options but the main content is not visible. In the navigation bar I see that message ‘Loading…’ is there but does not finish. In the log (C:\Users\dbown\Documents\Katalon\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.2.0.1\config\.metadata) I see lots of entries like:

INFO: HTTP Status: ‘400’ -> incorrect JSON status mapping for ‘no such window’ (404 expected)
Jan 09, 2018 12:06:33 PM org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorCodes toStatus
INFO: HTTP Status: ‘400’ -> incorrect JSON status mapping for ‘no such window’ (404 expected)
Jan 09, 2018 12:06:38 PM org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorCodes toStatus

Dan Bown said:

Thank you for the assistance - that has got me over the first blocker :slight_smile:

Can you help with a second problem though or shall i start a new thread?

I manually installed the browser (as admin) and am able to start recording but now unable to see the required information in the web app… the Side bar and Title bar are present, allowing me to see navigation options but the main content is not visible. In the navigation bar I see that message ‘Loading…’ is there but does not finish. In the log (C:\Users\dbown\Documents\Katalon\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.2.0.1\config\.metadata) I see lots of entries like:

INFO: HTTP Status: ‘400’ → incorrect JSON status mapping for ‘no such window’ (404 expected)
Jan 09, 2018 12:06:33 PM org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorCodes toStatus
INFO: HTTP Status: ‘400’ → incorrect JSON status mapping for ‘no such window’ (404 expected)
Jan 09, 2018 12:06:38 PM org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorCodes toStatus

Do you have a screenshot of its? I mean your web app :slight_smile:

Hi Vinh

please see attached screenshots - hopefully helpful!

‘Screen 1’ shows the screen working outside of Web Recorder, ‘Screen 2’ shows the same view in Web Recorder. Both identical versions of IE11.

Only the navigation buttons are visible but the main content is not.

Regards

Dan

screen 1.JPG

screen 2.JPG

Vinh Nguyen said:

Hi there,

This issue will be fixed in the next release. In the meanwhile, you can manually install IE extensions from Katalon Studio folder, e.g: C:\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.2.0.1\configuration\resources\extensions\IE to let Web Recorder not showing this popup anymore.

This helped me to fix the issue… Thanks!