Dropdown selection problems

Hello,
I am trying to get past a step in selecting a value from a dropdown menu:

And here is the Katalon script:

Katalon routinely returns this message:
_Test Cases/EndToEndSteps FAILED because (of) Unable to select option by value ‘number:3’ of object ‘Object Repository/EndToEndTest/select_ng-pristine ng-untouche’
_What am I missing here?

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 12.08.06 PM.png

Capture.PNG

Is that the full error message? Or is there something else after that?

Test Cases/EndToEndSteps FAILED because (of) Unable to select option by value ‘number:3’ of object ‘Object Repository/EndToEndTest/select_ng-pristine ng-untouche’ using regular expression (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘Object Repository/EndToEndTest/select_ng-pristine ng-untouche’ located by ‘By.xpath: //select[count(. | id(“accordiongroup-5-7792-panel”)/div[@class=“panel-body”]/ng-include[@class=“ng-scope”]/div[@class=“view-container ng-scope”]/ng-form[@class=“ng-pristine ng-valid ng-dirty-add ng-valid-parse-add”]/div[@class=“layout-margin layout-row”]/div[1]/select[@class=“ng-pristine ng-untouched ng-valid ng-not-empty ng-dirty-add ng-valid-parse-add”]) = count(id(“accordiongroup-5-7792-panel”)/div[@class=“panel-body”]/ng-include[@class=“ng-scope”]/div[@class=“view-container ng-scope”]/ng-form[@class=“ng-pristine ng-valid ng-dirty-add ng-valid-parse-add”]/div[@class=“layout-margin layout-row”]/div[1]/select[@class=“ng-pristine ng-untouched ng-valid ng-not-empty ng-dirty-add ng-valid-parse-add”])]’ not found)

Test Cases/EndToEndSteps.run:49

Hi apark,

That is an error caused by ‘Web Element can’t be found’. The root cause of this error due to its xpath, so I suggest you can try capturing that element again using this technique:
https://docs.katalon.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=5117668#SpyWebUtility(sinceversion5.0.0)-HowtogetwebobjectsXPathorCSSLocator

Regards

Hi Vinh, I will give it another try. I have tried to detect by xpath that I identified through the Object Spy as well as CSS selector. Thanks.