groovy.lang.MissingMethodException no signature of method

getting an error when running automation script

Exception Description

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException no signature of method

Hi Sir,

This issue is resolved, actually, I have a write the script in a Sample Web Testing Project due to this exception come but when I create a new project and write the same script it working fine.

Hi there,

Can you show me more information such as screenshot or your automation script? With that little information we can’t help you enough

Thanks

1 Like

What is the resolution for groovy.lang.MissingMethodException error. It worked fine initially after few consecutive runs, the script is throwing this error.

Hi , is there any update for this error ?
I am new to Katalon studio and facing the same issue when tryin to click an element using Execute Java script (please check below for the error code).
I have tried to the execute the same way as mentioned in the Documentation.
This is Code i am trying to execute:

WebElement element = WebUiCommonHelper.findWebElement(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Page_Transportation Management Syst/Page_Transportation Management Syst/Page_Transportation Management Syst/RailroadSetup’),30)

WebUI.executeJavaScript(“arguments[0].click”, element, FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

[ERROR]  - Test Cases/NavigateToSystemConfig - Copy FAILED because (of) groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.executeJavaScript() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement, com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling) values: [arguments[0].click, [[CChromeDriver: chrome on MAC (9e41ea9304b74d9dda5372ab347c4d74)] -> css selector: px-app-nav /deep/ #items px-app-nav-group > px-app-nav-subitem:nth-child(1)], ...]
Possible solutions: executeJavaScript(java.lang.String, java.util.List, com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling), executeJavaScript(java.lang.String, java.util.List)

Priyanga Ranjith said:

Hi , is there any update for this error ?
I am new to Katalon studio and facing the same issue when tryin to click an element using Execute Java script (please check below for the error code).
I have tried to the execute the same way as mentioned in the Documentation.
This is Code i am trying to execute:

WebElement element = WebUiCommonHelper.findWebElement(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Page_Transportation Management Syst/Page_Transportation Management Syst/Page_Transportation Management Syst/RailroadSetup’),30)

WebUI.executeJavaScript(“arguments[0].click”, element, FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

[ERROR]  - Test Cases/NavigateToSystemConfig - Copy FAILED because (of) groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.executeJavaScript() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement, com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling) values: [arguments[0].click, [[CChromeDriver: chrome on MAC (9e41ea9304b74d9dda5372ab347c4d74)] -> css selector: px-app-nav /deep/ #items px-app-nav-group > px-app-nav-subitem:nth-child(1)], ...]

Possible solutions: executeJavaScript(java.lang.String, java.util.List, com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling), executeJavaScript(java.lang.String, java.util.List)

Can somebody please help me with this asap ! Thanks alot in advance

2 Likes

i am also the same issue. please help.

the error:

Test Cases/Test Case01 FAILED because (of) org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: com.ocr.readtext.main() is applicable for argument types: (com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject) values: [TestObject - ‘Object Repository/Page_perseverance - Google Search/div_perseverancepsvr()nsnounno’]

Possible solutions: wait(), wait(long), any(), find(), wait(long, int), reading(com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject)

6 Likes

Check the signature of whatever you wrote.
The signature of a function is this: samplefuctionwhatever(x,y,z)

If you only write samplefunctionwhatever(x,y) and you miss out (omit) “z” -> the signature of you call will not match that of Katalon.

Always check the number and type of arguments you pass to a function.

1 Like