Katalon doesn’t find my Firefox

I have Firefox (49) installed on my system, but still the webdriver can’t seem to find it?

I also manually added the firefox.exe directory to the PATH variable and restarted, but it doesn’t help.

I have Windows 7, 64 bit.

I get this error message:

Unable to open browser with url: ‘’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Cannot find firefox binary in PATH. Make sure firefox is installed. OS appears to be: VISTA
Build info: version: ‘2.53.0’, revision: ‘35ae25b’, time: ‘2016-03-15 17:00:58’

Use the last FF geckodriver from

Replace it in Katalon_Studio_Windows_64_v4.1\configuration\resources\drivers\firefox_win64\

My simple test case is also working in FF 49.0.2 FRA

NOTE If you use GeckoDriver with last Selenium 3.0, in a dev environnement you can use is default name. It this KATALON studio, as it use 2.53, it must be renamed as wires.exe.

You may also try Chrome and Chromedriver that seems to be more reliable (after installing thier last driver too as the studio 4.1 use an old one too).

Hi,

Did you install your FF not in default destination (C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox)? I was also in that situation but after adding firefox.exe to Path, Katalon did start FF without error. To check if FF is added in your Path correctly you can just launch a command line and type “firefox” + ENTER there. If firefox starts then everything is alright and you can try to restart Katalon or your computer.

However, if you’re using FF Portable, I don’t think it works. Try to re-install official FF here.

Hope it can solve your issue.