[Recording] Unable to launch the web browser?!

Hello! Chrome, FireFox, IE are installed on my computer and the paths in the settings in Katalon are correct, but I get the message that the web browser can not be started when I click on the red button to record actions. (Chrome Pluginin is installed, Katalon Studio Server Port: 50000, Windows 7 64 Bit)

Could anyone give me a hand?

sincerly
Necip

3 Likes

Hi Necip S.

Is there a way to use the tool without an admin rights to the user account? Maybe edit some settings in the machine? Please advise. Thank you.

Regards,

Joseph

Hi,

I am unable to launch the browsers… FF , chrome and IE all these three browsers are installed in my machine.

I have also installed the ChromeADD ON … but still i an unable to launch the browsers.

Note : I have clicked on the exe and selected the option " Run as Administrator " … But still of no use :frowning:

Please help me out.

Thanks & Regards

Sridhar S

1 Like

[SOLVED, Ticket closed]

Recording works if Katalon ist started AS ADMINISTRATOR!

Hi,

I did run Katalon AS ADMINISTRATOR but am still getting an message that the web browser can not be started. And Chrome Pluginin is installed, Katalon Studio Server Port: 50000, Windows 8 64 Bit

1 Like

Unable to launch IE browser from the web recorder. can someone please advice me?

I am facing the same issue since last 3 weeks. It is really frustrating. Katalon is not able to launch chrome almost 14/15 times and it fails.

Anyone have a solution for this? I have tried running as admin on my machine and replaced Chrome and also reinstalled Katalon but with no luck! Still getting that Chrome is unable to be launched even though the most up-to-date version is on my machine.

Is this also happening for the object spy? I just created a new post with what looks to be the same issue. I haven’t been able to find a solution either :anguished:

Hello,

I have been recently getting this issue on both the object spy and the web recorder and have not had any prior issues using Chrome until today. Any information on this would help immensely.

I have tried running Katalon as an admin but that has not solved this problem.

Tyler P.

1 Like

Has any one been able to unlock this issue yet? I have been trying to get around this issue for the last 3 days.

It’s kind of a pain but I have been manually adding the objects.

For me also same problem i run katalon studio in administrative mode but still it says unable to launch web browser (chrome) it asks to install chrome but chrome is already in my system any close this issue

@kapiljtech

Please try the suggestion below.

Regards !

I have also ran into this issue. As discussed in another thread (Object Spy unable to launch the web browser) every version since 5.10.0 seems to have this issue, so we all just rolled back to 5.10.0 until something more is figured out. The links are in the thread for the older versions if anyone needs them.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling Katalon and Chrome, although I do not currently have admin rights to run as admin or install as an admin. The issue is still persisting.