Katalon GUI random delays

Hello all,

I found a bug within Katalon’s GUI when executing a click action in a loop.

My test case needs to click on a button a total of 10000 times. Each times a click happens, all values are saved to an Excel file (the excel file is opened, written and close on each loop).

Although I’m giving 16GB of RAM to the VM where Katalon is being executed, I get random delays after the 30th iteration.

These delays are not related to any setting in Katalon nor the algorithm itself.

They don’t seem to be related to the specific computer’s configuration whatsoever, as I tried running the same test case on two different computers getting random delays on both cases.

Delays magically disappeared once I tried running the test case from the command line, i.e. not Katalon GUI.

Generating the command line to execute the test case allowed me to execute all 10000 iterations with no random delays. Hence, there must be something related to the GUI that is causing these random freezes in Katalon’s GUI.

I wish I had more information to help you hunt this bug down. Please do let me know if there is anything else I could do to help you to locate and fix this in the next release.

Reference to the original thread asking for help: http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/comment/25220#Comment_25220

Daniel, have you run the test directly on a non-VM machine?

this happens when script is much faster then write to console/log viewer. any execution can stop at random place and wait to flush all records to log viewer. therefore there is no wait if test is executed outside GUI.

2 Likes

Andrej Podhajský said:

this happens when script is much faster then write to console/log viewer. any execution can stop at random place and wait to flush all records to log viewer. therefore there is no wait if test is executed outside GUI.

This makes sense. However, every time I’ve got a random delay, the log viewer was steady and the script was stuck at the same point the log viewer was.

Is there anyway to disable the log viewer from the GUI while running a test case? I could try that just to confirm the issue is there.

Russ Thomas said:

Daniel, have you run the test directly on a non-VM machine?

Yes I did. Katalon was running from one VM with 16 GB of RAM assigned in one of my laptops and also from a separate laptop with 16 GB of RAM and no virtualisation environment at all.

Random delays started to appear on both cases after around 30 iterations in average.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.