Unable to get the POST and the PUT methods to work for the RESTful API

Hello,

I am trying to use Katalon studio to test our RESTful APIs. I was working with a GET call, I used a Basic Authentication and ran the request. I got a Valid response back . However , I am trying to test a POST and a PUT request and I do not seem to get a valid response . For the POST call, I am getting a 500 server error. When I use an alternate tool Like SoapUI and used the same parameters like the Authentication, Request body and the URL and I did get a valid response. So looks like I am missing something with Katalon for the POST call. See the example in the screenshot.

Any help would be appreciated.

api.jpg

Just in case anyone didn’t realize it, the URL was erased after the results were returned so that I didn’t put anything out there that might be sensitive.

I had to edit my .rs file and insert the word ‘text’ here:
text

Maybe this will help you.

Thanks, Craig! That got us up and running.

We went through all the .rs files and did a global find and replace for the tags. So the next question to the group would be - when we import from swagger, why aren’t these values being populated automatically?

D Adams said:

Thanks, Craig! That got us up and running.

We went through all the .rs files and did a global find and replace for the tags. So the next question to the group would be - when we import from swagger, why aren’t these values being populated automatically?

HTTP Body is not imported when you import from Swagger. This has been indicated in our documentation:
https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/import-rest-requests-from-swagger-20.html

My bad for not reading the documentation thoroughly enough. But thank you for the answer!

Hi Craig, would you please elaborate on where exactly the word ‘text’ been inserted in .rs file?